Aims and Ethos
Brighton College seeks to impart or provide:
- a love of learning for its own sake;
- a foundation of knowledge and body of skills with which to understand and question the world we live in and to prepare us, through an innovative approach to education, for the world we are likely to inhabit in the future;
- an awareness of, and appreciation of, the spiritual dimension in our lives;
- an enthusiasm for the world beyond the classroom - in particular, sport, music and the performing arts;
- a respect for difference in others and a recognition that the efforts and achievements of every individual in our community are valued equally.
- an awareness of the needs of others, and a firm belief that - whatever our age - we can make a difference, locally and globally, right now.
In short, we strive to turn out well-educated, tolerant and intellectually curious men and women who are ready to take a full, active and positive rôle in the life of our country and of our world.