Skip to Content

Overseas admissions


Any applicant who is studying outside of the UK, regardless of nationality, is considered an 'overseas applicant'.

We welcome overseas pupils from all over the world, and have a truly international pupil community. The main points of entry are Year 9 (13+), 10 (14+) and 12 (16+). If you have any questions about admissions, please see our brochure for overseas applicants.

By late August before the year of entry
Early September before the year of entry
September - October before the year of entry
October - December before the year of entry

Stage 1 - Enquiry


We hope you will find all the information you need on these pages, but if not our admissions team is here to help.

Where possible, the ideal way to see the College and meet us is at one of our Open Mornings. Alternatively, please email our admissions team who will be glad to help you.

Boarding places are available from Year 9 (13+) upwards at the College and from Year 4 (8+) at Brighton College’s prep school at Handcross Park. We accept day applications from overseas pupils whose parents are relocating to the UK.

Stage 2 - Registration

Boarders bbq boys smiling.JPG

If you would like to apply for a place at the College please contact our admissions team.

We require registration by early September before the year of entry. We ask you to send a copy of your child's school report to help us ensure Brighton College is the right school for your child before registering. 

Stage 3 - Assessments


Overseas assessments take place in September to October before the year of entry, at a British Council office in your relative city. Interviews are conducted either in person or online via Microsoft Teams. For further information on assessment and interview dates please contact our admissions team.


Stage 4 - Offer and welcome


Offers are based on performance at assessment and interview. Once you have accepted your offer you will receive your joining papers and be invited to an induction and welcome afternoon.

As a 'Highly Trusted Sponsor' with the UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI), the school will sponsor a non-British nationality pupil for their Child Student study visa.

English as an Additional Language (EAL)


Pupils for whom English is not their first language are required to attend EAL lessons at the College until their level of English is of the standard required to apply to UK universities.