On Wednesday 13 March, four Brighton College netball teams competed in the Sussex Cup Finals – with all four teams winning their titles in breath-taking displays of skill and stamina.
The combined Prep and Lower School under 13 team and the College’s under 14, 15 and 16 VIIs all played against Hurstpierpoint College in their finals, treating spectators to an afternoon of outstanding netball and tactical brilliance.
- The combined Prep and Lower school under 13 team stepped up another gear to take home a 24-15 win against Hurstpierpoint College to be crowned County Champions. The whole team worked hard for the whole 40 minutes, edging further ahead each quarter and never looking like anything but a win was going to be the outcome.
- The under 14s had a very hard-fought close match against Hurstpierpoint College’s under 14s. They maintained solid composure to win by a narrow two goals. A brilliant end to the season for a fabulous team.
- The under 15s had a particularly fine win, turning around last year’s loss to the same opposition, in a game where they dominated and took control form the outset to win 39-25.
- The under 16s finished off an outstanding and most successful term yet with a brilliant win. The team, who have also qualified for National Finals, had an impressive warm-up for the forthcoming prestigious event with a comfortable 67-41 win.
Overall, a fabulous achievement for the netball department to claim the Sussex Cup in every year group they were represented in!
- Ms Packer (Teacher of PE)