Our Hampden House boys enjoyed a virtual cook-a-long last week, with Housemaster Dr Renshaw broadcasting live from his kitchen! With a quick and easy-to-follow recipe, the boys were able to get a batch of Dr Renshaw's chocolate crinkle cookies in the oven before tutor time, with the result being some delicious treats to keep them going through Friday and on into the weekend.
As these cookies received such rave reviews, we thought we'd share Dr Renshaw's recipe with you:
Dr Renshaw’s chocolate fudge crinkle biscuits recipe
• 60 g cocoa powder, sieved
• 200 g caster sugar, sieved
• 60 ml vegetable oil
• Two large eggs
• 180 g plain flour
• One tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 30-50 g icing sugar
- Mix the cocoa, caster sugar and oil together in a large bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking until fully combined.
- Stir the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a separate bowl, then add to the cocoa mixture and mix until a soft dough forms. Transfer the fridge and chill for one hour.
- Heat oven to 190 °C/170 °C FAN/GM5. Top the icing sugar into a shallow dish. Form a heaped teaspoon of the dough into a ball, then roll in the sugar to coat. Repeat then place on a lined baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the centre of the oven. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Will store in an airtight container for a few days.
Makes 24 biscuits.