With the aim to giving more children the opportunity to flourish, bursaries are awarded on the basis of a means-test form which requests full details of income and assets. Bursaries are reviewed each year and may change as a family’s financial situation changes. They are given for day places in years 7 to 13 only.
The below examples are intended to illustrate the situations that may arise when you might need our support. These are not the only situations that may be eligible:
- Both parents self-employed on low income. Living in rented accommodation.
- Both parents employed with low incomes. Living in modest home with mortgage.
- One parent with moderate income. Living in rented accommodation.
- Parents both working in moderately paid employment. Modest home with mortgage.
- Parent/Guardian is terminally ill or is unable to secure permanent employment due to poor health.
Application window for bursaries:
- 16+ new entrants: 1 August - 31 October in the year prior to joining (13 - 10 months ahead)
- 11+ new entrants: 1 August - 30 November in the year prior to joining (13 - 9 months ahead)
- Other new entrants: 31 October in the year prior to joining (10 months ahead)
- Existing pupil bursaries: Annual review during Hilary term.
For further details on the bursary application process, please read our Bursary Policy below.